Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-07

IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE... Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE...   IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Dear Forum Members and Forum Viewers,

Unfortunately, we live in an attorney’s world, and I am not an attorney or scientist. While I have nothing personal against attorneys, they can somehow sleep at night knowing they made something out of literally nothing just to make money. I recently posted a topic regarding the use of solder inserts with .45 caliber Powerbelts. A concerned and conscious forum member justifiable brought up a valid issue on safety and liability and I thank him for it, and its worth further following up on. He raises the issue of liability with bullet modification and safety, and I believe I need to inform the forum members accordingly in the interest of safety:

“ The Forney solder inserts I posted were purely experimental with INSUFFICIENT TESTING data to determine “no risk of injury” to the end user. Therefore in the interest of SAFETY and liability, please be informed that if you construct and use such inserts or any hollowpoint inserts in Powerbelts you do so at your own risk and responsibilty, and I assume no liability or responsibility should injury or death occur in their use.”

We all want to enjoy the sport of shooting and hunting. I could never sleep at night again knowing I may have contributed in any way to causing injury to a shooter, Many of us enjoy casting our own bullets from raw materials. The particular Forney solder I used was carefully selected as an insert because it is very soft and pliable lead, soft enough to the point that it is EASILY scratched with a fingernail. Please be careful and caution at all times when it comes to experimenting on your own with home-made bullets, or ANY factory bullet modification that has not been adequately tested and proven for safety with no risk of injury. There is clearly a right and wrong way to safely test ammunition. If you don’t know what you are doing and have not done your homework, then don’t do it.

Also keep in mind that some bullet modifications may not be legal to hunt with. I also do not know if it even legal to alter a product without the manufacturers consent. Please keep all of the above in mind, and let’s all continue our sport safely. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Marty
Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: LOAD IT UP AND LET IT LOOSE :: Powerbelts-
Jump to: