Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CVA Hunterbolt load

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dustyr

dustyr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-24

CVA Hunterbolt load Empty
PostSubject: CVA Hunterbolt load   CVA Hunterbolt load Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 am

100gr Pyrodex RS
TC .45/40 180gr XTP Mag HP

I swithched bullets from Shockwave 200 gr spire points after taking my first deer at the beginning of the season.

Been averaging 3/4" - 1" groups with this load at 75 yards with open sights. ( I was lucky to get 1 1/2" - 2" with the Shockwaves)
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: CVA Hunterbolt load   CVA Hunterbolt load Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:04 pm

I could never get myself to buy those 180gr bullets. always thought they are too light
Back to top Go down
https://45calshooters.forumotion.net
dustyr

dustyr

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: CVA Hunterbolt load   CVA Hunterbolt load Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I really thought the same way - at the beginning of the season. But this load gives me a tighter group and a higher confidence level at the ranges I hunt. Now that the season is over here in NC, I will probably see if I can find a load that works just as well with a 200gr HP bullet.
Back to top Go down
old/new

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: CVA Hunterbolt load   CVA Hunterbolt load Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 pm

I was in a gun shop today and picked up the same load to try in the new Accura. Hope to shoot it this weekend.

Asked the shop owner if he had anything in .45cal. He said "No, hold it a second. I've got this here" It was an old, red, dusty, plastic box with 20 180gr XTPs. Price tag read $5.95. I asked him if he had any more. We scrounged around and found 3 more boxes, same price. I asked him if he would take $10. We ended up agreeing on $12.

$12 for 60 XTPs with the tan sabots. Not bad.

Now I have these and the 195gr Barnes Expander MZs to try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Hunterbolt load   CVA Hunterbolt load Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CVA Hunterbolt load
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: LOAD IT UP AND LET IT LOOSE :: Bullets and loads-
Jump to: